07 Mar Building Better Opportunities – an outline
Hope is part of the Building Better Opportunities partnership programme in Herefordshire, funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. Started in January 2018, it is a project that aims to provide pre-employment support to people over the age of 19 – helping these people to engage in activity that will help them move towards employment.
The people who are eligible to join the programme are:
- Legally resident in the UK and able to work in the EU
- Unemployed – i.e. seeking work OR
- Economically inactive – i.e. not in work and are not available or seeking work. These could be: a full time student, retired, disabled, a full time career, on full time parental leave.
Hope will be offering:
- Structured activities and projects to build employability skills and confidence and practical skills such as money management
- Accredited qualifications such as first aid and food hygiene
- Intensive one-to-one support to bring participants further towards work or back into training or employment
- Advocacy role with other agencies, employers etc.
- Supported volunteering opportunities
- Supported work placement opportunities
- Peer mentoring
- Online support including sessions via skype, e-mail, instant messaging with a Hope professional and also moderated peer-to-peer groups
- Co-working and signposting with partner agencies – for additional training, assistance with housing etc.
Partner agencies include HVOSS, Nationwide Community Learning Partnership, Red Spark Learning, South Wye Development Trust, Herefordshire Vennture and Herefordshire Wildlife Trust, among others.
For more information contact Lorna Russell: email@example.com