20 Jul Event Support Volunteer
Come and help out at one of Hope’s many, fun-filled events!
Role: Event Support Volunteer
Purpose: To support Hope Support Service Team in their attendance, promotion and awareness at events.
Commitment: We will require your support on an ad-hoc basis throughout the year which will include evenings and weekends.
- Event support prior, during and after promotional and fundraising events
- Assist with the assembling of the promotional stand
- Interact with the team and general public
- Raise awareness of Hope Support Services
- Liaise and provide feedback on events to Staff Members
- Be able to relate to Young People
- Integrate within community, public and private sector
- Promote awareness of Hope Support Services and work being delivered
- Contribute ideas and creative thinking to broaden Hope’s fundraising capacity and enhance Hope’s public profile
- To comply with Hope Support Services policies and procedures
- Friendly, positive and respectful attitude
- Ability to relate to all people from all walks of life
- Flexible approach, problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Good communication skills
- Respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexible availability and a commitment to reliability
- Commitment to the aims of Hope Support Services
- Appreciation of the needs of people seeking information, advice, guidance and advocacy
- Willingness to learn
- Organisational skills
Introduction training will be provided and additional specific training will be sourced if necessary.
Volunteers for this role may require a DBS check and require two satisfactory references prior to starting their role. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to volunteering with Hope Support Services.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01989566317.